We are nestled in an 11 acre avocado grove! We have about 20 different kinds of fruit trees too! We've really been enjoying the citrus! The fruit trees are so gorgeous and cool that they deserve a post all to themselves. It's living in Southern California with a touch of the country. The best of both worlds. We are only 3 miles from a main drag, but it feels like we're way out in the country.
Trent is happy with his commute because he gets to listen to public radio. Luke changed schools, but he's adjusting really well and is liking his new class. We don't want to make anyone jealous with the following photos (well, go ahead, be a little jealous), but we are so content and happy with our current location and new place that we might not ever leave!! Enjoy!
It's a ranch style house, so that makes it difficult to get a good shot of the whole front.

This is the back of the house.

We love this glass porch that extends the entire length of the dining and living rooms.

This is one of my favorite parts of the house. I love to sit on this swing while my kids ride their bikes and play in the front yard. Porch swings are just relaxing.
Don't you feel relaxed just looking at it in this picture?
Don't you feel relaxed just looking at it in this picture?

This is the view from my kitchen window and the porch swing.

The views.
This is the view from the master bedroom.
This is the view from the master bedroom.

We are surrounded by avocado groves. They're lovely to look at, very pretty.

We also have a strawberry farm and some tree/flower nurseries across the way.


This big daddy sycamore tree is in our front yard and it is fantastic. The coolest part about it is that it is the home to a mating pair of owls. I'm not sure what kind, but I'll find out.
It was empty when we first moved in, but now has NO VACANCY!!!
We are hoping for babies later this spring??? I have to do more research.
In the mean time, Luke is having fun checking out the owl pellets. They're pretty strange.
It was empty when we first moved in, but now has NO VACANCY!!!
We are hoping for babies later this spring??? I have to do more research.
In the mean time, Luke is having fun checking out the owl pellets. They're pretty strange.

We are still rearranging the inside, so as soon as we get it someplace we like, I'll post some pics.
Hope you like it as much as we do!!
Hope you like it as much as we do!!
12 comments:
Wow Millie -- what an amazing home! You must be so excited... I don't think I'd ever want to leave either.
The views are amazing and yes, you have this Minnesota girl a bit jealous of the sunshine and surf you are surrounded with.
Congrats on the beautiful new home, can’t wait to see more pictures... we're happy for you and the family!
I'm not jealous at all--I'm very happy for you all. Your new house and the grounds look GREAT! And it's exactly as you said, just what you need for your family at this time. Awesome. Give your kiddies a kiss from me. :)
What a lovely home Millie. Congratulations on finding such a serene and beautiful place.
Will Trent stay at Camp Pendleton for the remainder of his time in the Navy so you can stay in the house?
looks awesome and so much land for Cali! Congrats on your new home!
How beautiful!! Right now we are more jealous of the sun in your pics!! We are freezing here! :) Your place looks like so much fun and so awesome!! Congrats and enjoy!!
I am missing you all and the nightly walks big time. I am looking at the outside temp right now... 17 degrees - ouch! We have a big, toasty fire roasting away so the inside temp is a comfy... 69 degrees.
I mentioned to Cesar last night that we should consider flying back out your way in May. He didn't shoot it down. Was surprised that I'd choose to not go to the Azores. We both need to get new passports and one for Cesar. Supposedly Hugo and I can have European status being married to Cesar. He has dual citizenship. Anyhoo, maybe you could email me that military list with all the fun stuff on it to help persuade him.
Hugs to Lucas, Miss Emry, and Baby Carley!
Auntie Ali and Hugo
WOW! Let me pick up my jaw because it has totally dropped on the ground! You live in an AMAZING place! I love the views. Oh how I wish I had your views, with all the trees and green! I can't wait until you post your pics of the inside of the home because I know you're quite the decorator!
It's beautiful Millie! I do feel relaxed by the porch swing. Thanks for that.
I'm with Shanon! Your sunshine and lush green grass and tree look mighty tempting 'bout now. (It was -15 again two days ago, but we have 40's for the weekend). I love the view shots, so amazing. I'm also looking forward to inside shots. I have ZERO decorating skills myself. Congrats on the beautiful house!
yes, i'm jealous. i hope you don't move to okinawa because you will be sorely disappointed in the cinder block houses with no view and no yard (let's say 1100 square feet!) i'm happy you made the plunge off base and i hope you guys can stay there for awhile.
OK,ok, ok...I'm on my way!
Well, with views like that you guys won't want to move away when Trent is done. You'll have to try to go trick or treating to your new neighbor, maybe you'll get a cd or something.:)
Post a Comment