Day 1- Friday
Today after I picked up Luke from school, Trent's parents (Merlin & Joy) & brother Travis' family (Travis, Angela, Kendrick & Cohen) had arrived at our house for a visit. Luke & Emry could hardly contain their excitement. We enjoyed the afternoon together, made supper and talked until bedtime.
Day 2-Saturday
The boys got up early and went fishing, so we decided to rent a jump house for the kids. They were so excited, it was like Christmas morning. They jumped and jumped and jumped until they couldn't jump anymore...I'm talking total exhaustion here! (who ever invented this contraption must have had parents in mind). It was a blast!



After a quick lunch of quesadillas, orange slices and homemade lemonade (thanks to Gma), we piled into the car to meet up with the guys and watch Luke's baseball game. Luke played a good game and we tried not to distract him too much. I think he secretly liked having his own cheering section.
The boys met us at the game and here's what Travis caught!! This halibut was 41-inches long and weighed over 30 lbs. (the scale only went to 30). They almost didn't get it into the boat, but we're glad they did because it is one tasty fish.

check out those chompers


notice the eye position...an evolutionary wonder! or just pure comedy? you decide

Late in the evening we got to see our owl and her baby! We didn't even know she'd already had it. What a treat to see. Trent and Travis helped me climb onto the roof so that I could get some shots....they're ok, but I was really wishing I had a telephoto lens in my camera case.



Day 3-Sunday
Today we celebrated Luke's birthday. We were 2 days early, but he didn't mind opening his gifts early one bit. So my little boy is 7! It's hard to believe, he's getting so grown up.

Day 4, Monday
We got up early to head up to Disneyland for the day! The kids were all very excited, not only was Luke missing school, but he was going to Disneyland with friends. It just doesn't get any better than that to a 7 year old. The day was a good one. We saw a lot of characters, which made the kids happy. The kids got to dance in the parade. We ate at the pizza port & the golden horseshoe. At one point, Emry hugged Trent and told him, "You're a sweet daddy. Sweet as apples. Sweet. Sweet. Sweet." We went on a lot of rides. And finally, Luke pulled out his loose tooth. He later told Trent, "this is the best day ever!"







Day 5-Tuesday
Today it was time to hit the beach!





And then it was time for everyone to go home. Thanks for visiting Grandpa, Grandma, Uncle Travis, Aunt Angela, Kendrick & Cohen!!!!


5 comments:
What a great post--i liked the play by play. Happy belated bday to Luke!!!! He looks so cute in the tooth missing pic.
The owl is very cool. And Emry's comment about Trent being as sweet as apples, well, I KNOW what that means in Emry-speak. Quite a compliment.
Where was Carley? :)
HOLY COW! That fish was HUGE! Happy Birthday to LUKE! Can't believe he's already 7 years old!!!
Is the owl and her baby in your yard? That is incredible!!! I can't wait to show the kids these pictures! Happy birthday to Lucas too! I am glad he had such a great day! Ephraim is freaking out about Trent's fish! I am too!
Looked like a lot of fun! Cesar will be so jealous of that giant fish!
Happy belated Birthday Lucas!
I'm so glad you guys all had a great time! Looks like tons of fun. Sorry we didn't come but we are gonna come sometime before you leave there for sure!
Post a Comment