Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Grandpa May Was Here-part 1

We had a visit from Grandpa May this past week, and we really enjoyed having him around! We didn't go anywhere especially cool or do anything outrageously fun...we just hung out, relaxed and played at the beach. He arrived on Sunday late afternoon, in time for dinner. We went for a walk around the grove. The kids showed Grandpa all the fruit trees. Everyone headed to bed pretty early since the big kids had school in the morning, and the adults were tired too.

Monday morning, after getting the kids off to school, we hopped into the car to run some errands that my dad and I needed to get done. I took him on a tour of Oceanside, mostly showed him the beaches and some houses I think are pretty cool. We stopped for ice cream and Carley was very excited to share a banana split with Grandpa...she only ate the whipped cream, but she was in heaven.

Trent was on call, so my dad and I decided to take the big kids down to the beach for a picnic dinner. We got finger food at the store and my dad dished it out while I drove. We played at the beach for a while and looked for treasures. The kids really had fun playing with Grandpa!











5 comments:

Lizzie Bingham said...

ooo, I really like the second to last photo of Dad. Very nice.

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Great pictures.
Treasure them. Really treasure them.

:)

KristyKay said...

So nice of you to post all these wonderful photos. Please send us a disk soon if you can.

Trina said...

What a great visit by your dad! I really liked your pictures and I can tell how the grandkids take on some characteristics of their grandpa!

Alissa Nicolau said...

Everyone loves the Price Pad! A perfect spot for family and fun!

The Cronicles of Tapa...the cat.

OK Cat lovers of the world explain this....we're going on vacation and wanted to board our cat, but they wouldn't take her unles...