Saturday, May 21, 2011

Shadow Shot Sunday #10


I haven't joined in the shadow shots for a few months, but I'm back at it!!  I have been so caught up in life the last little while, it has been absolutely crazy.  My kids only have 10 more days of school left!!  10 days!  The excitement for summer vacation is already creeping into our conversations.  I've got them signed up for swim class, summer school, reading program at the library and tennis.  I'm not signing up for anything else because we have cousins coming and I want to PLAY!!

Last summer never really warmed up too much, so this year I've got my fingers and toes crossed for hot weather.  I'm feeling the need to get a tan, swim, picnic, eat popsicles, grill, and swim some more.  I'll tell you what I'm not looking forward to are the mosquitoes!  Yuck!  I could do without them.

Here I am rambling and I haven't even said anything about my image this week.  I took it at a restaurant during our recent trip to Palm Springs, CA.  It was a Mexican place with a mariachi group and yummy food.  Fabulous atmosphere!  I am really happy with how it turned out.  I am in love with the colors in the shot.  To me it's a little mysterious and romantic...or maybe I just feel that way because I was with my sweetheart and it reminds me of the fun we had during our trip.  Either way, I like it.

Don't forget to check out the other shadow shots at Hey Harriet!!  Peace Out!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A super shadow shot ...... and I love your plans for the summer!

Quilt Works said...

Wow, love it! Great shadow and the fire in the background give is real pop!

Sarah said...

The colours are lovely and I like the way it looks 3D even though it is a shadow-a lovely scroll shape.

Anonymous said...

It is a pretty shot. It made me think of sitting around a fire pit with a wine glass in my hand. :)

Kelly said...

This is such a neat shot! Is that really a fire or just the illusion of one?

Alissa Nicolau said...

I like the sentiment behind your shot. I miss Trent too!

The Cronicles of Tapa...the cat.

OK Cat lovers of the world explain this....we're going on vacation and wanted to board our cat, but they wouldn't take her unles...