Friday, July 8, 2011

Maggie's Bridal Portraits

When I first started getting serious about photography I said I'd never take anyone's wedding photos...well I was wrong. 

My sister asked me to take hers, and I was excited about it at first.  Then the more I thought about all that was involved and having Trent not be present to help me wrangle the kiddos, I began to panic.  Shooting someone's wedding is a huge deal!  Those pictures are forever!!  I even tried to get out of it a few times and she had to assure me over and over again that my skillz were good enough for her.

After all is said and done I am so happy I did it!  It didn't go as smoothly as I'd hoped, but I made it through and I am really happy with the results!  I ended up getting a bum cf card from the camera store, and of course I didn't know it was faulty until I was in the middle of taking her bridal portraits.  I thought my brand new $$$ camera was acting up and that it was going to have to be returned.  But, after visiting a few camera stores in Chicago and a telephone pep talk from a schweet photographer friend, I got everything worked out and the rest of the weekend was smooth sailing!  (well, except for my nerves)

Here are a few of my favorite bridal portraits--





this is the real deal!  a true capture of Maggie's happiness.  i don't care that it's blurry, it reminds me of her so perfectly!

No comments:

The Cronicles of Tapa...the cat.

OK Cat lovers of the world explain this....we're going on vacation and wanted to board our cat, but they wouldn't take her unles...