This past week I tried to get inspired to take a photo of something
blue. It was difficult. I had thoughts in my head, but they just weren't translating into images I was happy with. So the vision
just didn't happen for me last week, but I did get a lot of really fun photos! Wednesday I drug Judy along with me to a Ferria dress shop and the Gypsy Market to get my blues on!
*I have to put in a short disclaimer here. I may be eating my words in a few weeks......BUT.....I just don't get the whole
ferria frenzie??? People can't really tell you what it is. Here is what I understand of it so far. It takes place the first weekend in May. People go all out and buy dresses that cost anywhere from 90 euro to 1000+ euro. It's kind of like a carnival, here in Spain they don't have a city fair ground, rather it's the city ferria grounds. Instead of carnies and carnival games, you have booths of food. People parade around wearing traditional flamenco costumes, and finally I've heard tell that music and dancing may break out at anytime. I got my fingers crossed that it's cool because I was a bit disappointed in Carnival.
The Dress Shoppe: it was like walking into a rainbow. it's a good thing I didn't have the girls with me because they would have lost their little minds when we walked through the door. The store was filled with row after row, upon row of dresses. 2 stories of them! Everything from size 6 mo-20! By the end I started to feel claustrophobic and had to jet outta there as quick as possible!
We drove over to Rota to see what we could find at the gypsy market. Judy was after pho soccer jersey's and I ended up with a few for Luke too. We came across some fun blue items!
 |
| hilarious! this blue leg wasn't part of the display, it was cast off to the side. we asked him to put it in the display, he thought we were crazy! judy chalked it up to creativity!! |
 |
| These guys were hilarious. They were calling us to come over and take a picture of the younger guy in the polo. It was funny. |
 |
| The gypsy market is always filled with baby items. Lots and lots of baby items. |
 |
| These little Sevillana shoes were just to die for. The little blue one is about a baby size 3! It was too cute. I wish my kids could have worn something that small, but they all came with Sasquatch feet! |
 |
| This was another funny duo. The lady wanted her photo taken, but then got shy at the last minute. The boy tried to help loosen her up, but she was too embarrassed. They want me to bring a copy to them next week...and I just might! |
 |
| Here is a photo of an entrepreneur...just had to get one on camera! |
 |
| This is how they advertise their goods. Thought these shoes were pretty cool, but I wouldn't be caught dead in that heel....way, WAY to high for me. That is an accident waiting to happen! |
 |
| Finally, you can't go to the gypsy market without picking up some olives! My favorite are the green ones with blanched almonds in them...delish! |
Fun times at the gypsy market...until next time, Adios!
3 comments:
If we have a girl, I want a little flamenco dress with lots of frills! Just placing my order.
Love the shoes, love the olives, I want to move to Spain!
I just love all of these pictures. It brings me back to my little trip to Europe. Keep them coming!!
Post a Comment