A bunch of ladies from the base were heading up to Germany to shop the Christmas Markets in Dusseldorf & Cologne. I decided to go along and I'm so glad I did, what a treat it was!
All we did is shop, enjoy the sites and taste all the wonderful food! What more does a girl need? I can't think of anything.
I spent my time with my friend Christina. We basically went from booth to booth oohing and ahhing over everything and then shared a taste of all the food! It was nice to share because then we didn't get so full and could eat more!!
Today we explored Dusseldorf. I ate, a bratwurst, fried potato pancakes with applesauce, ebelskivers with cinnamon sugar, leek soup, hot chocolate, schnitzel, fried potatoes, apple cider and warm apple strudel.
I LOVE GERMANY! ...oh, and I shopped the Christmas markets!
I thought this bridge was beautiful in the snow. Especially with the moss growing on it and the garland. Picturesque!
Their were little markets set up in different plazas around the downtown area with all sorts of goodies to sell and eat!
All we did is shop, enjoy the sites and taste all the wonderful food! What more does a girl need? I can't think of anything.
I spent my time with my friend Christina. We basically went from booth to booth oohing and ahhing over everything and then shared a taste of all the food! It was nice to share because then we didn't get so full and could eat more!!
Today we explored Dusseldorf. I ate, a bratwurst, fried potato pancakes with applesauce, ebelskivers with cinnamon sugar, leek soup, hot chocolate, schnitzel, fried potatoes, apple cider and warm apple strudel.
I LOVE GERMANY! ...oh, and I shopped the Christmas markets!
![]() |
| View from our hotel. |
![]() |
| Really holly growing along the riverbank. I've never seen real holly growing. It made it feel like Christmas! |
![]() |
| Christina & Me |
I thought this bridge was beautiful in the snow. Especially with the moss growing on it and the garland. Picturesque!
Their were little markets set up in different plazas around the downtown area with all sorts of goodies to sell and eat!
![]() |
| Here's a clock. |
![]() |
| Each little market has it's own special cup. You can buy it for a keepsake or return it. It's filled with everyone's own brew of spiked punch. I stuck with the kinderpunch! |
![]() |
| Another cool clock. |











































No comments:
Post a Comment