Trent and I like music.
Music is a powerful tool. Music is also very personal. Together Trent & I have like a wide variety of music. At any given time we can be found listening to everything from jazz to pop to country to classical or whatever in between! I love the freedom I feel when I listen to music. It is amazing how the right song can change a bad day into a good one.
We have always enjoyed making playlists for one another for different occasions throughout our courtship and marriage. During Trent's deployment we did the same. Our lists were full of songs of hope, love, memories, loneliness and whatever other emotion we were feeling at the time. Besides sending one another playlists, we also began doing a SOD (song of the day). The military loves acronyms and one day Trent had too much time on his hands and viola...a new tradition in our lives was formed.
I've been trying to think of a way to incorporate them here for us to always remember and I can't think of any creative way to do it so I'm just going to list a bunch of them. Have fun getting to know us a little better!
Wonderwall, Ryan Adams
Lay Lady Lay, Bob Dylan
You & Me, Dave Matthews Band
These Arms of Mine, Otis Redding
So Far Away, Dire Straits
Crazy For You, Adele
If My Heart Was A House, Owl City
Two Is Better Than One, Boys Like Girls
Songbird, Eva Cassidy
Angel, Jack Johnson
Coming Home, John Legend
Brass Bed, Josh Gracin
Cominando Por La Calle, Gipsy Kings
Game of Love, Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders
I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues, Elton John
By Your Side, Sade
Kingdom Come, Coldplay
Anchor, Mindy Gledhill
Come A Little Closer, Dierks Bentley
Nothing On But The Radio, Gary Allen
Slow Dance, John Legend
Gettin' You Home, Chris Young
Sail Away, David Gray
Ain't No Woman (Like the One I Got), The Four Tops
Home, Michael Buble
Something, The Beatles
Some Kind of Wonderful, The Drifters
Only You Can Love Me This Way, Keith Urban
The Promise, Tracy Chapman
Vanilla Twilight, Owl City
I Need Your Love, Harry Connick Jr
This Kind of Love, Sister Hazel
You Are the Best Thing, Ray LaMontagne
All I Ask for Anymore, Trace Adkins
I Belong To You, Lenny Kravitz
Wild Honey, U2
Witness, Sarah McLachlan
Hurts So Good, John Mellencamp
Baby Can I Hold You, Tracy Chapman
You Still Touch Me, Sting
When You Say Nothing at All, Alison Krauss
Better Together, Jack Johnson
Come On Get Higher, Matt Nathanson
Brighter Than Sunshine, Aqualung
Here Without You, 3 Doors Down
The Man I Love, Ella Fitzgerald
Chasing Cars, Snow Patrol
Ain't No Sunshine, Bill Withers
Tired of Being Alone, Al Green
I'm So Excited, The Pointer Sisters
Groove Me, King Floyd
As Long As You Follow, Fleetwood Mac
Don't Worry Baby, The Beach Boys
Body Language, Queen
Doctor! Doctor!, Thompson Twins
Moonlight Sonata, Ludwig Van Beethoven
She's Got A Way About Her, Billy Joel
Somewhere Only We Know, Keane
When I Think of You, Janet Jackson
As, Stevie Wonder
Don't Cry, Guns N' Roses
Better Life, Keith Urban
I Love You, Sarah McLachlan
Come Home, One Republic
Push, Sarah McLachlan
I Get Ideas, Louis Armstrong
Answer, Sarah McLachlan
Music is a powerful tool. Music is also very personal. Together Trent & I have like a wide variety of music. At any given time we can be found listening to everything from jazz to pop to country to classical or whatever in between! I love the freedom I feel when I listen to music. It is amazing how the right song can change a bad day into a good one.
We have always enjoyed making playlists for one another for different occasions throughout our courtship and marriage. During Trent's deployment we did the same. Our lists were full of songs of hope, love, memories, loneliness and whatever other emotion we were feeling at the time. Besides sending one another playlists, we also began doing a SOD (song of the day). The military loves acronyms and one day Trent had too much time on his hands and viola...a new tradition in our lives was formed.
I've been trying to think of a way to incorporate them here for us to always remember and I can't think of any creative way to do it so I'm just going to list a bunch of them. Have fun getting to know us a little better!
Wonderwall, Ryan Adams
Lay Lady Lay, Bob Dylan
You & Me, Dave Matthews Band
These Arms of Mine, Otis Redding
So Far Away, Dire Straits
Crazy For You, Adele
If My Heart Was A House, Owl City
Two Is Better Than One, Boys Like Girls
Songbird, Eva Cassidy
Angel, Jack Johnson
Coming Home, John Legend
Brass Bed, Josh Gracin
Cominando Por La Calle, Gipsy Kings
Game of Love, Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders
I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues, Elton John
By Your Side, Sade
Kingdom Come, Coldplay
Anchor, Mindy Gledhill
Come A Little Closer, Dierks Bentley
Nothing On But The Radio, Gary Allen
Slow Dance, John Legend
Gettin' You Home, Chris Young
Sail Away, David Gray
Ain't No Woman (Like the One I Got), The Four Tops
Home, Michael Buble
Something, The Beatles
Some Kind of Wonderful, The Drifters
Only You Can Love Me This Way, Keith Urban
The Promise, Tracy Chapman
Vanilla Twilight, Owl City
I Need Your Love, Harry Connick Jr
This Kind of Love, Sister Hazel
You Are the Best Thing, Ray LaMontagne
All I Ask for Anymore, Trace Adkins
I Belong To You, Lenny Kravitz
Wild Honey, U2
Witness, Sarah McLachlan
Hurts So Good, John Mellencamp
Baby Can I Hold You, Tracy Chapman
You Still Touch Me, Sting
When You Say Nothing at All, Alison Krauss
Better Together, Jack Johnson
Come On Get Higher, Matt Nathanson
Brighter Than Sunshine, Aqualung
Here Without You, 3 Doors Down
The Man I Love, Ella Fitzgerald
Chasing Cars, Snow Patrol
Ain't No Sunshine, Bill Withers
Tired of Being Alone, Al Green
I'm So Excited, The Pointer Sisters
Groove Me, King Floyd
As Long As You Follow, Fleetwood Mac
Don't Worry Baby, The Beach Boys
Body Language, Queen
Doctor! Doctor!, Thompson Twins
Moonlight Sonata, Ludwig Van Beethoven
She's Got A Way About Her, Billy Joel
Somewhere Only We Know, Keane
When I Think of You, Janet Jackson
As, Stevie Wonder
Don't Cry, Guns N' Roses
Better Life, Keith Urban
I Love You, Sarah McLachlan
Come Home, One Republic
Push, Sarah McLachlan
I Get Ideas, Louis Armstrong
Answer, Sarah McLachlan
1 comment:
Are you making cds? Sign me up!
Post a Comment