Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween 2008

Today was a great day!
We had a lot of fun,
a little bit of stress
and lots of SUGAR!!!


Luke's school didn't allow costumes today, so they had crazy hair day instead.
Emry & I made spooks today for an after school treat that we shared with some friends in our neighborhood. I haven't made them in a really long time. I over cooked them slightly so we called them "California Spooks" (you know, because they're so tan!). Don't laugh too hard!
Even Carley got in on some Spook Action! She cried when she couldn't have anymore.
Trent was on call tonight, and let me tell you it was quite an ordeal getting everyone ready (we lost Carley's costume (found it in the laundry basket), could only find 1 of Emry's shoes (she wore gym shoes instead), candy bowl put out, jack-o-lanterns lit, pictures taken and family fed before the sugar rush.


The actual event of trick-or-treating went good.

I pulled Carley in the wagon as the big kids ran from house to house.
Carley stayed in the wagon without complaining the entire evening.
She just looked around at everything and enjoyed the ride......she also enjoyed a few suckers.

Emry spent most of the night being a lookie-lu.
She stopped for this princess, "Oh, you look so pretty!"
and she stopped for that fairy, "Oh, Tinkerbell, I like your wings!"
and she touched each and every pumpkin and yard decoration in a 1/2 mile radius of our house.

Luke tried his best to be patient with Emry,
but she was seriously cramping his style and s.l.o.w.i.n.g. him down.
He liked seeing all of his friends costumes
and was glad that we only saw 1 other kids dressed up as Speed Racer the entire night.
He loved all the really creepy decorations and in the end was disappointed that our own yard was not more "festive", to which I replied, "when you're big enough to help me decorate maybe we can do something really spooky, I'll let you plan it all out."
He liked that idea very much.

Happy Halloween!!! Trick-or-Treat!!! Happy Haunting!!!

10 comments:

Lizzie Bingham said...

Great costumes! I loved seeing all the kids this year at our door. I got stressed just hauling Keegan to the door every time it rang so he could see all the kids... and show off my Charlie Brown. Score on the loot! Did you teach them to trade or does it all go in one bowl?

Alissa Nicolau said...

Millie - You all look super cute! Cesar said Emry is going to be a knockout! We've all known that for many moons though. So sorry for Luke that Ms Emry was s-l-o-w. He'll have to fly to NY next year and race through the neighborhoods with Hugo next year!

Shaka said...

you guys look great. the ghosts look really yummy!!
love the hair!

The Mathews Family said...

Yeah, that Speed racer costume is great!! I love it! Looks like you guys had a good Halloween, but you totally could've called me to help out since Trent was on call! We could've take the kids around or something for ya. We were actually planning on heading over to trick or treat at your house so the kids could see each other and we could hang for a minute, but Annabelle didn't feel well and we ended up putting her to bed early.

Anyway, I love your blog. Keep up the good work!! I forgot to tell you that the dirt pudding was a huge success. I printed headstones with our friends' names on them and stuck them in with toothpicks. Everyone loved it! Super yummy too. THANK YOU!!!

Audra said...

Super cute costumes! I love that you dressed up, too Millie-you may have out done the kids. lol We miss having you to trick-or-treat with back home. I understand Luke's frustration, we had a taste of it this year too. Adia would be coming back from a house about the time John hit the sidewalk leading up to it! She was really good about it, but next year will be easier for Mr. John to keep up!!

KristyKay said...

Leave me a few candy bars!

K May said...

You guys look awesome! I am not sure what it is about Speed Racer, but the boys love it. Airplane - we love playing that. A few weeks ago I was doing it to Zack on my bed and dropping him onto the mattress. He ended up elbowing me in the cheekbone. Too bad it wasn't this last week, I could have made the green cheek part of my costume. I am stealing you when you get here to teach me some new blogging tricks :)

Emily said...

You are wonder woman Millie! Seriously! I SO feel your pain about doing Halloween by yourself. Three words at our house: Young Men's President.

I love the little ghosts. I was really craving those this year and I just didn't get to them. Maybe Santa hats... still craving!

sanaejames photography said...

love the california spooks! cute! WHAT are they exactly? I would love to learn how to make it..it looks good and fun for the kids, too. when you get the chance...let me know! Your kids are so adorable! LOVE the costumes.

Roxi and Ephraim's Family said...

Daphne and Harry wanted to see what you guys did for Halloween. Daphne asked me what Luke was and I said, "he is an astronaut." Harry corrected me, and said, "No, he is Speed Racer." Now Harry wishes he could be Speed Racer. He said he is going to pick that for next Halloween. Harry wants to know where did Lucas get that Speed Racer costume? You guys look so adorable! Good Job Millie!

The Cronicles of Tapa...the cat.

OK Cat lovers of the world explain this....we're going on vacation and wanted to board our cat, but they wouldn't take her unles...